To be eligible to apply for a MOPH Scholarship, each applicant needs to be a member of one of the following categories:
(1) a Purple Heart recipient who is also a member of MOPH, or
(2) his/her spouse, or
(3) his/her direct lineal descendent (child, step-child, adopted child, grandchild or step-grandchild), or
(4) the spouse, widow/widower, or direct lineal descendent of a service member killed-in-action or who died of wounds. If the Purple Heart recipient is listed as killed-in-action or died of wounds, supporting documentation must accompany the application.
Great-grandchildren are not eligible to apply. A MOPH Associate membership or membership in the MOPH Ladies Auxiliary does not by itself convey scholarship eligibility.
In order to receive an MOPH Scholarship, applicants must meet the following three requirements:
(1) be a graduate or upcoming graduate (current senior) of a high school or GED program, and
(2) accepted by or enrolled as a FULL-TIME undergraduate student at an accredited U.S. college, university, or trade school at the time the scholarship is awarded, and
(3) be able to demonstrate the capacity for advanced academic achievement or technical proficiency as demonstrated by maintaining at least a 2.75 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) based on an un-weighted 4.0 grading system. Graduate students and students going back to school to receive additional undergraduate degrees after successfully completing at least one prior undergraduate degree program are not eligible to apply.
If you have any questions about the MOPH Scholarship Program, please contact the Scholarship Chairwoman @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Stewart McKeown at MOPH Headquarters (703)-642-5360 or Email: email@example.com